Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to EV 12

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Am in a big trouble and in need of a quick suggestion,
I have index backlog of 300 mil items and am not sure if it's actually reducing.

I need to upgrade my EV 11 to EV 12 before Dec 18. My question is, what problems will index backlog create if I plan to upgrade to a new version of EV in such situation? What are the chances my upgrade will fail? Also, does having 700 mil items in an individual vault store can lead to upgrading failure? As per the Veritas doc, the max item it should have is 250 mil. items.

Thank you for your kind help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

While I certainly don't envy you the backlog, it shouldn't stand in the way of an upgrade. You can complete the upgrade and then deal with the indexing issue afterward.

--Chris

View solution in original post

Well, if you had someone do a review of your specific environment, then I would take that analysis over my general advice on a forum. I don't know what would have led the reviewer to the conclusion that the indexing must be resolved before the upgrade, but I'm sure there is a good reason for the recommendation. Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Titoine31
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Could you give us the detail of version that you use ?

I think that have an issue about indexing that was correct in 11.0.1 CHF5 ... maybe you need to upgrade in last version 11.0.1 CHF5 before migrate in V12.4 (this version is in beta since a few weeks) in december.

Your issue with indexing isn't a problem for upgrade in version 12.4 ... could you says us where you find information regarding your backlog ? In "status" section of administration console or with a perfmon ?

Regards,

Antoine

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

While I certainly don't envy you the backlog, it shouldn't stand in the way of an upgrade. You can complete the upgrade and then deal with the indexing issue afterward.

--Chris

Hi Antonie,

The environment is : 

EV 11 CH5

SQL 2012

Thank you for your reply Chris,

Veritas did the review and suggested first to fix the indexing backlog problem and then move ahead with the EV 12 upgrade.

Thanks,

Well, if you had someone do a review of your specific environment, then I would take that analysis over my general advice on a forum. I don't know what would have led the reviewer to the conclusion that the indexing must be resolved before the upgrade, but I'm sure there is a good reason for the recommendation. Good luck!

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would agree with Chris here. The reviewer should have highlighted a strong reasoning for this to prevent an upgrade. I am sure they did and you are OK with the explanation. Without such an explanation, I would be skeptical because all I can come up with is decent reasons to address the index issues after the upgrade...not before. Just mind you, if you have a tight timeline, Index issues can take some time to address so I would reccomend diligent purusit of them.