cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Exchange Servero 2010 and/or Enterprise Vault 8 or wait for 9?

OlafD
Level 5
Currently we are having Enterprise Vault 7.5. We are looking at upgrading our systems. We want to upgrade to Exchange Server 2007, since we still use 2003. But since Exchange Server 2010 is about to be released, maybe we want to go to that version. But the question is, does EV support Exchange Server 2010? Will only EV 9 support Exchange 2010 or version 8 and 9 as well?
I've heard that EV 9 is expected somewhere at the end of the year? Is this true?

Thanks again!

Olaf
5 REPLIES 5

OlafD
Level 5
off-topic; i can't edit my post, can I? There is a typo in the subject and in the message I meant:
If so, will only EV 9 support Exchange 2010 or version 7 and 8 as well?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 At Present Exchange 2010 is not supported as it is still an unreleased product by Microsoft.

The compatability for Exchange 2010 will not be released until after the actual product is released by microsoft

If you want to upgrade your Exchange Environment you can go to Exchange 2007 as this is supported by EV 7.5 and EV 8

If you insist on going to Exchange 2010 then you have two waits ahead.
1: Waiting for Microsoft to release the product
2: Waiting for Symantec to support the product.

I would still plan on upgrading to EV 8 as it provides many new features and there are a lot of bug fixes included.
SP3 for EV 8 is expected to be released this Wednesday Nov 4th

OlafD
Level 5
Thanks for the update and answer!

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Don't forget. If you find the answer to your question please mark the appropriate answer as the solution

irisst
Level 2
You should have 2 small buttons way at the top of your topic, view and edit. There you can fix your typo.
Best regards, Iris