cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 8.0.5 to 9.0.2 Lots of errors in EVlog after services start

EVGarrison
Level 5

Hi all,

Ive just upgraded our 2003 EV8.0.5 up to 9.0.2, the install was fine, directory service started and DB changes made with correct events firing.

Journalling is also working and restoring from Outlook and Web interface is also working correctly. However, everytime i restart the services we are getting flooded with errors, its 2 events per mailbox it works through, they are:

1. Event ID 2776:

An exception occurred in routine

CArchivingAgent::AddOrphanedShortcutsToDeleteList

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x 6EA098A

2. Event ID 2243:

Could not scan user mailbox /o=Company l/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Username, cannot list messages

3. You then also get these for each mailbox:

A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

m_pIBackgroundArchivingAgent->ProcessUserEx(Priority = "false",
  ReportingMode = "false",
  Run Now mode = "3",
  ContinuousMode = "true",
  RollOverLogFile = "false",
  NumMsgsToArchivePerPass = "0",
  legacyMessageStoreDn = "",
  legacyMailboxDn = "/o=Company/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Username",
  adMessageStoreDn = "CN=Mailbox Database,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=company,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=company,DC=co,DC=uk",
  adMailboxDn = "CN=FirstN SurnameN,OU=Team,OU=Department,OU=Departments,DC=Company,DC=co,DC=uk",
  NULL,
  ProcessDisabledSuspended = "false");

HRESULT: 0xC0040AD8

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Can anyone point me in a helpful direction? Although everything else seems fine somethign is majorly wrong with processing mailboxes... The system was in working order before the upgrade.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SP3 is not out just yet.  You will need to set the registry key and wait for the SP 3 or upgrade to EV 10.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EVGarrison
Level 5

Infact, ive just found this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163851

Anyone know hwere i can get sp3 from?

Thank you!

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SP3 is not out just yet.  You will need to set the registry key and wait for the SP 3 or upgrade to EV 10.

EVGarrison
Level 5

Ok thanks for the info.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

9SP3 should be available this quarter. I can't give you anything more specific than that, but hopefully sooner rather than later!