cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Enterprise Vault 11.01 to 12.1

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I am upgrading my EV installation this weekend from 11.0.1 to 12.1. I didn't see anything on this but I am wondering if there will be any visual difference to my end users?

4 REPLIES 4

daveoflave
Level 4
Employee

Hi PoorAdmin,

Just that the yellow Symantec branding will be gone, replaced with new red Veritas logos. :)

Of course, I'm assuming you're upgrading all of their client add-ins? If you upgrade just your servers, than nothing they can see will be changed. 

Thanks,
Daveoflave

Thank you.

Sortid
Level 6

I recently went through this.  In EV11 we did not use the new Search (I had it and was very clunky).  When we went to 12 all users got the new Search by default. 

I had talked to EV support about this beforehand and they said there would be no change, then when I did it in test my test users got the new Search.  Speaking to another support guy he put me onto an article saying Search is enabled by default for all users in 12 (regardless of whether they had it before or not), so when I went into prod all users were affected.  Haven't updated the client to 12 as yet though.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For what it is worth, at my previous assignment (11.000 users) they LOVED the new search. Not only took it away the need to use 2 pages (Explorer and Search), it also worked on almost every OS and Browser used. Even publishing the link via MobileIron to BlackBerry's and other type of phones, no issues.

I do like the retention plans in 12, but am not using those at the moment.

Regards. Gertjan