cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from EV 10.04. to 11.0.1 with CH5 & Discovery Accelerator

rnt123
Level 5

Hello,

I am upgrading from EV 10.0.4 to EV 11.0.1 (with cumulative hotfix 5 applied after the database upgrade). Is there anything specific about upgrading with Discovery Accelerator in the mix? I guess the directions say to upgrade DA first then the main EV installation and then come back and upgrade the EV bits on the DA server. Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I suggest you upgrade DA first. That is the least amount of work. If you read the compatibility guide, DA 11.0.1 is compatible with EV10.0.4. This does mean you can upgrade DA to 11.0.1 CHF5 before actually upgrading EV.

When DA is done, do EV. I've done several, without issues. Make sure to follow the upgrade steps, then it will most likely work for you. Make sure you have good backup of the SQL databases before upgrading, so you can revert if necessary.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA

Hello,

I suggest you upgrade DA first. That is the least amount of work. If you read the compatibility guide, DA 11.0.1 is compatible with EV10.0.4. This does mean you can upgrade DA to 11.0.1 CHF5 before actually upgrading EV.

When DA is done, do EV. I've done several, without issues. Make sure to follow the upgrade steps, then it will most likely work for you. Make sure you have good backup of the SQL databases before upgrading, so you can revert if necessary.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks for the fast reply GertjanA. Are there any steps that need to be performed between upgrading DA to 11.0.1 and installing CH5? (I know with EV the databases must be upgraded in between). 

GertjanA

No issues. Obviously, you need to make a backup of the DA databases before applying CHF5, just to be sure, but applying it never caused me any issues.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks again GertjanA! Everything went smoothly! I feel bad for people who forget to upgrade their databases when going from 10 to 11 to CH5.