cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from EV 10 to 11

rnt123
Level 5

Hello,

I have a customer that is currently on EV version  10.0.2. They only use EV for journal archiving. They are going to upgrade their Exchange environment from 2010 to 2013, so it looks like they will have to upgrade EV as well. I was wondering if they can go from version 10 to 11 (instead of 12) to avoid having to use a 3rd party application to upgrade the journal archives. In addition, is it necessary to upgrade from version 10.0.2 to 10_0_4_R1 before moving to the new major version? Also, now that EV is part of Veritas, has the licensing options and process changed? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To add, you would only need a 3rd party tool if you want to go directly from 10 to 12. If you first upgrade to EV11, you can then later upgrade to EV12.

I do advise to upgrade to EV11.0.1 (CHF5 current latest CHF), as that has several improvements in regards to Journal Archiving from Exchange 2013. They way to go would be first to upgrade to EV11.0.1, make sure that went ok. then upgrade to CHF5.

The CHF5 upgrade should take no more than 20 minutes.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

According to the compatibility matrix EV10 supports archiving from Exch2013.  Yes, you could just upgrade to EV11, but I'm not sure where a 3rd party tool is required to go to EV12.  Also, any version of EV10 and upgrade to EV11.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To add, you would only need a 3rd party tool if you want to go directly from 10 to 12. If you first upgrade to EV11, you can then later upgrade to EV12.

I do advise to upgrade to EV11.0.1 (CHF5 current latest CHF), as that has several improvements in regards to Journal Archiving from Exchange 2013. They way to go would be first to upgrade to EV11.0.1, make sure that went ok. then upgrade to CHF5.

The CHF5 upgrade should take no more than 20 minutes.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Also keep in mind that you will have anyother search function in Version 11 and above.

This will have slight influence on the end users. Just keep that in mind.

You can decide not to activate it in version 11.

Thanks CConsult. We don't allow our users to search the journal archive, and we do not use mailbox archiving, so the only people who will have to learn the new search would be us in IT.