cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from EV10 to EV11 - Know Issues

LeeO
Level 3

Hi

We are currently looking at upgrading from Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 to EV11.0.1 CHF5 (and then up to EV12).

We find a lot of issues with EV10, and the fix from VERITAS has always been,  'oh thats fixed in EV11, upgrade and you'll be right'

We are going to be on EV11 for a time,  while we upgrade Exchange and SQL etc,  so my question is, are there any known Gotchya's or 'upgrade to EV12 will fix that'  that we should know about.

We have a fairly large environment (168,000 archived mailboxes and 1.9 billion items archived, with 577TB of Data) so can't afford major isuses during transition.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

It should be pretty stable. There used to be some issues related to indexing in EV 11.0.1 but they got all addressed with the latest hotfixes (CHF4/5).

Have a look here:

Late Breaking News for Enterprise Vault 11.0.1

--Virgil

Good to hear thanks.

I've looked at that article and there are no show stoppers really.

GertjanA

Hello LeeO.

I've done several upgrades from 10.0.4 to 11.01.CHF5, without issues.

It is (as you probably know) absolutely necessary to have a proper backup of your SQL databases. That is the one absolute requirement. Be advised that EV12 requires Windows2012, (check compatibility guide), so you might also need to upgrade your EV servers to that OS.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi

Thanks for your reply,  its not the upgrade that concerns me,  it is tha stability of EV11 compared to EV10... 

All compatibilities will be met :)

Chers

GertjanA

Hello LeeO.

I run EV11.0.1 CHF5 in a large Journal Archiving environment, and have run it in large Mailbox Archiving environments. It is very very stable.

There are (as usual) several improvements, of which 2 are really going to exite your user community:

1 - Integrated search and archive explorer - Have both in 1 screen, able to browse, way better and easier search.

2 - Mobile access. When on the site with mbx archiving, we upgraded to EV11. We used MobileIron to publish the URL to the search page. From that time on users could search their archive on the mobile devices. due to the pages being html5, it works on almost any device (blackberry, Iphone, Android, windows, you name it). That wowed the user community!

Regards. Gertjan