cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Does Not Have Permission to Create Folders in Virtual Vault

TElliott
Level 4

Hi,

I have a user that is getting the error message "You Do Not Have Permssions to Creat A Folder" whe ntrying to create folder in thier Virtual Vault.

Vault has been fully reset and this is still happening.

Re-Installed client

Profile re-created

Any Ideas?

Log file attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I've ran in to things similar to this from time to time and a ScanOST fixes it (or a repair of outlook in 2010/2013 because scanost no longer exists)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is the header cache in sync?  Check the Synch page on the client to see.

Also.. do you have the option enabled 'Users can archve items'?  If I turn that off on my system, and synchronise the mailbox then when I try to create a folder, and click on the 'ok' dialog, I get a pop-up saying that I don't have permission.

Can you confirm, and grab a screenshot of the error too?

Working for cloudficient.com

TElliott
Level 4

Users ar allowed to archive and re-organise items in the Desktop Policy Settings.

It appears that this only effects a few users otr maybe other users just havent complained.

What can you do if the "header Cache" is not in sync?

Dont tell me  -  reset the Vault Cache?

Already done this.

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

I may be missing something but I cannot see an attempt to create a folder in VV in the log.

However I did notice that threshold sync has been set up to sync immediately that there is one or more new items in VV. I think that this may be causing the problem. Changes to VV (like creating folders) are not allowed during a sync - except the addition of new items. If a user adds some items to VV a sync will be triggered, if an attempt is made to create a folder while this sync is in progress it will be rejected.

TElliott
Level 4

Ok

So if  I get the user to "Suspend" synchronization then try?

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

Yes, sounds like a good idea.

TElliott
Level 4

This did not work even while Synchronisation is suspended.

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

May be something else is causing the problem then. From my test environment the following couple of log file lines correspond to creating a folder "Y" in the Inbox in VV.

18/09/2013 12:50:03.643[ 816][L]: EVMSP: <Inbox> [Folder::CreateFolder] Enter
18/09/2013 12:50:03.643[ 816][H]: EVMSP: <Inbox> [Folder::CreateFolder] FolderName: Y, FolderType: FOLDER_GENERIC, Interface: NONE, Flags: MAPI_DIALOG, FolderComment:

The following line shows the create folder succeeding.

18/09/2013 12:50:03.659[ 816][L]: EVMSP: <Inbox> [Folder::CreateFolder] Exit: S_OK

There are no equivalent lines (regardless of success or failure) in the Darville.txt log, so it would appear that as far as VV is aware no attempt was made to create a folder. Maybe the log is not complete?

Alternatively, perhaps there are other Outlook addins causing the problem. Could try disabling all other addins to ensure this is not the case.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I've ran in to things similar to this from time to time and a ScanOST fixes it (or a repair of outlook in 2010/2013 because scanost no longer exists)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146