cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Permissions to other archives

TJensen
Level 4

I have a strange issue in EV12.

User "A" can see the archive for another user "B" through the web archive view. However in the console and the shell it doesn't appear that those permissions exist.

Is there another place that permissions can be set or checked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have two options to remove these permissions:

1) Remove all permissions using EVPM

2) Fix the problem at the content source (i.e., fix the permissions on the folders in the mailbox)

I'd go with 2), because otherwise you're working against the design of the permissions synch feature, as described in this thread.

--Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Yeah, if User A has permissions to certain folders in User B's mailbox, then those folder-level mailbox permissions will get synchronized with the folders in the archive. Folder-level permissions in an archive are not visible in the VAC, but you can see them using the PermissionBrowser.exe tool in the EV installation directory (lately in the \x64 subfolder).

Here is a screenshot showing User1's archive, with the Inbox folder selected. You can see that User2 has read access to the folder, which will cause this folder to appear in EV Search, even if User2 is not granted permission to the archive object itself in the VAC.

Capture.JPG

Check out your suspicious folders in PermissionBrowser and see if that helps explain it.

--Chris

That helps. In permissions browser I see that there are permissions on most of the folders. How do I modify or reset permissions on the archive since using the VAC doesn't work for this granular level?

You have two options to remove these permissions:

1) Remove all permissions using EVPM

2) Fix the problem at the content source (i.e., fix the permissions on the folders in the mailbox)

I'd go with 2), because otherwise you're working against the design of the permissions synch feature, as described in this thread.

--Chris