cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Unable to Archive Read Receipts

TElliott
Level 4

I have a user who is unable to archive Read Receipts or emails containing XML attachments.

They are attemting this using Virtual Vault.

Message "IT Policy Doed Not Allow This"

I have checked and the messge class IPM.R* has ben added.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For what it's worth...

A Read Receipt on my Exchange 2010 system has a message class of :

REPORT.IPM.Note.IPNRN

Unless you've implemented the registry key to force clients to obey the server-side policy when it comes to manually archiving items, then an end-user can manually archive any message class, regardless of the server policy. So, if the registry key is not implemented an end user should be able to manually archive the above type of message.

I tried it, along side a regular message just so that I can compare the two. Archiving and retrieval worked fine.

This is EV 10.0.4 by the way.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you reproduce the issue?

What version of EV? Outlook? Etc.

Have they tried manually archiving from their mailbox?

Was the message class added a long time ago, just recently? Has the mailbox been synchronised and Outlook restarted after the message class was added...?

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure the message class for read receipt at this moment, Can you please check if 'Report.ipm*' is added in the properties of directory of vault admin console. And same is allowed in the properties of appropriate mailbox policy.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

and just so you know if you have IPM.R* checked, but IPM.Report unchecked, then the deny will override the allow

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For what it's worth...

A Read Receipt on my Exchange 2010 system has a message class of :

REPORT.IPM.Note.IPNRN

Unless you've implemented the registry key to force clients to obey the server-side policy when it comes to manually archiving items, then an end-user can manually archive any message class, regardless of the server policy. So, if the registry key is not implemented an end user should be able to manually archive the above type of message.

I tried it, along side a regular message just so that I can compare the two. Archiving and retrieval worked fine.

This is EV 10.0.4 by the way.