cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User bulk restore / display problem

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi,

I am restoring a user mailbox which has 18,000 archived mails. Search works fine and we find all the archived items in the index, and we select "Restore all Results"

Problem is we then get an unformatted (very messy page is a better description as there are tick boxes and the subject etc, but several on each line) page listing unrestored items but with tick boxes and no other options.

If we then take a look at the basket we get the same sort of garbled list.

It is restoring, and the garbled screen does give the correct info on what is currently being restored, what can't be restored and so on.

Anyone have any idea why we get this garbled page, and how to fix it. I am guessing it is because there are so many items, but I would assume it should still be able to format the list correctly so it can be correctly read by the user.

Nick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you wanting to restore all the items in the archive? If so, right click on the Archive directory in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export. You'll get 3 choices and if you choose Export Archives to the original mailbox it will put the items back into the mailbox.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
What version of EV?

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
We ran into a problem very similar to this, having a large number of results.

Apparently there is a IE restriction on the number of checkboxes you can have on a single page, if it goes above a certain number then things break.

The solution is to go to the advanced search form and then select no more than 500 items in the results (per page). You can then page through all the results, restoring items as necessary.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you wanting to restore all the items in the archive? If so, right click on the Archive directory in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export. You'll get 3 choices and if you choose Export Archives to the original mailbox it will put the items back into the mailbox.

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Just ignored the error and it went fine. I will check out the other ways of doing the restore and see if they work any better.

Nick

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I had a similar problem with EV 6 and Windows 2003 server. It wouldn't display over 1000 items properly. The search.asp page from EV 6SP1 fixed it also the problem didn't happen if my EV server was running on Windows 2000 server.Message was edited by:
Jason Szeto