cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User confusion: vault toolbar buttons in Outlook 2003 don't work in Archive Explorer

Dutchman01
Level 2
Archive explorer is opened within Outlook 2003.
To several users it is not clear that buttons in the outlook vault toolbars (like "remove from vault") don't work in Archive Explorer (see screenshot). From a user perspective, buttons that are visible are buttons that should work.

My question: is there any way to make the buttons in Outlook work with Archive Explorer or hide them while Archive Explorer is open?

Enterprise Vault 2007 (7.5.3.2138.0)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could launch Archive Explorer in it's own browser window -- but then it's not very "integrated".

Other than that, I think it's user education.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could launch Archive Explorer in it's own browser window -- but then it's not very "integrated".

Other than that, I think it's user education.

Dutchman01
Level 2
Rob, thank you very much for your answer.
Based on your answer, apparently this works as designed. The design however is hard to understand for regular users. They don't notice that it's actually Internet Explorer running within Outlook and therefore expect every clickable button to work. We'll consider whether to run archive explorer separately or to accept that we need to answer this question from users.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I agree it could be better, in fact for belt-and-braces you should perhaps log it on this site, under the IDEAS section.