cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mailbox deleted from Exchange, Purged, Recreated, not showing enterprise vault icons

awb123
Level 2

All,

We had an issue with a users exchange mailbox and had to delete it from Exchange 2003.  I purged the mailbox and then recreated the mailbox for this user.  

Outlook 2007 is now fully functioning, however the archive vault icons are not visible and he cannot gain access to for example Archive Explorer to see his archived emails.  

In the addons Enterprise Vault is clearly visible and active but no icons and no Menu options under Tools.

My question is how do I go about getting this to now work?

Thanks,

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Has the user been re-enabled for archiving?  The client won't show any EV options to the user if they have not been enabled.  Some of that 'user is enabled' state is held in the mailbox so perhaps that's now gone.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

You must connect your mailbox with your associated archive that everything works fine. Additionally check the permissions on the archive. A new mailbox has a new mailbox id and has normally not automatically new permissions to the old archive, you should check this....

www.longerich.com