Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mailbox size is not reducing after archiving in Enterprise vault

pravingoud
Level 4

Hello,

Dear Team,

I am Enterprise Vault Admin.i am having 1 issue in EV from few months.the issue is only.User mailbox size is not reducing after archiving in Enterprise vault.and user getting mailbox full warning.but when i seen whole archving report for user i found archving working properly as per policy. What Could Be Problem Help Me asap. if you have any solution.kindly share with us.

Thankx in Advance

Regards,

Pravin Goud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It does not matter what kind of user it is. YOu are archiving mailboxes, I assume from Exchange.

As said above, if a mailbox is currently over quota, it will not be archived. For those mailboxes, you will need to enlarge quota, then run a manual archiving run. when the mailbox is at the desired level, set the quota back to what it was, and monitor the scheduled runs (archiving reports should be available if you use EV10/11/12). It might be these users send/receive many mail, which then should give you an indication to enlarge the quota for those mailboxes. If you need thorough assistance, you really need to contact support, as they can then assist you in determining why the archiving does not keep the mentioned mailboxes on level.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA

Hello,

Waht is your shortcut policy and vault store set? What do you have on store as 'safety copies'? if After backup, have you backed up your vault store partitions?

Be advised that if the mailbox is full , EV cannot convert archived items into shortcuts. You might want to set the quota for the mailbox higher, archive that mailbox, then lower it again,.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi gertjan,

thankx for the reply. i have qouta base policy which work under 75% quota. we have citrix and mailbox policy and users too . when i came to know about this issue. i found that this issue mostly come with citrix user.other user havent any issue like that please give me a perfetct solution also guide me for the same.

Regards,

Pravin Goud

GertjanA

It does not matter what kind of user it is. YOu are archiving mailboxes, I assume from Exchange.

As said above, if a mailbox is currently over quota, it will not be archived. For those mailboxes, you will need to enlarge quota, then run a manual archiving run. when the mailbox is at the desired level, set the quota back to what it was, and monitor the scheduled runs (archiving reports should be available if you use EV10/11/12). It might be these users send/receive many mail, which then should give you an indication to enlarge the quota for those mailboxes. If you need thorough assistance, you really need to contact support, as they can then assist you in determining why the archiving does not keep the mentioned mailboxes on level.

Regards. Gertjan

Dear Gertjan,

Thank you so much for the help.on next issue definetly i would troubleshoot this.

Regards,

Pravin Goud