cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User permission Role Base Access Control

galangtegar
Level 4

Hi mate

i have question about RBAC, i have installed administration console on windows 7 and then want to remote to EV server, but after i want to expand the vault site, the console give me message, ensure that you have local administrator rights on this computer, after i give the user as local administrator i can use the administration console.

I give that user remote to EV server as Storage administrator. The question is, is it possible use the administration console without local administrator user ? i refer to https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH76700#Vault_Service_Account, and the VSA must be local admin but in case the user just standard user

Capture.JPG

Please help me

thanks before

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

You need to add the user to the Local Administrators group on the EV server in order to be able to manage EV via the remote console. As far as I know, this is a prerequisite and there is no other workaround.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

You need to add the user to the Local Administrators group on the EV server in order to be able to manage EV via the remote console. As far as I know, this is a prerequisite and there is no other workaround.

--Virgil