cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User unable to open another archived mailbox from Outlook & Archive Explorer

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

I'm having a strange issue here with opening another user archived mailbox.

Situation:

EV Version: 10.0.4.1189

• Wendy - Manager
  • David - Previous Employee

I have added Wendy the Full Access permission in David archived mailbox from EV Console, so after more than 24 hours passed, Wendy still cannot open the archived item on David's mailbox that is opened from Outlook 2013 and also Wendy cannot see David mailbox on the Archive explorer (from IE)

I have confirmed that David mailbox is already archived fully.

ANy help here would be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Has a synchronization taken place?

Also, if you open PermissionsBrowser.exe (in the root EV folder, typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault) do you see the permissions? You may need to click the Manual radio button to see.

John_Santana
Level 6

Which Synchronization to check ?

can you please show me how to do it ?

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Right-click the Exchange mailbox archiving task and get Properties. Click on the Synchronization tab and check Folder hierarchy and permissions. Choose selected mailboxes. Check PermissionBrowser.exe to confirm permissions.

John_Santana
Level 6

Many thanks dcVast,

So when I perform Synchronization of one particular mailbox, does it going to affect the whole Exchange Server in production ?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John,

Selecting a single mailbox will only sync that one mailbox.

In addition to this, in Archive Explorer, if Wendy rightclicks int he left pane, then chooses 'refresh' what does she see then? Does the archive of David appear?

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Sychronization is not necessary for permissions to take effect.  If you grant your account permissions can you search the archvie from the VAC?  Can you send a screenshot of the permissions?

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

WiTSend is correct. You should be able to see permissions in PermissionBrowser.exe right away if you are adding Grant Permissions directly on the Archive as opposed to inheriting permissions. Have you verified in PermissionsBrowser.exe?