cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User update with evpm not working

mimol
Not applicable

I would like to disable a single user in enterprise vault through a script. (a single user just for testing, then later doing it for a lot of users) I am trying to update a single user in the Enterprise Vault by using the EVPM utility, but I am getting this error:

Error - could not find an Archiving or Journaling service for exchange server <exchsrv>
Error - Whilst processing mailbox with dn: <dn-name> [0x80004005]

Running the evpm util with this command:

evpm -e <exchsrv> -m enterprisevault -f c:\serverteam\testev.ini

my ini or initialization file looks like this:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = evsrv
SiteName = enterprisevault

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = <dn-name>

[Archive]
ArchiveName = <archivename>
BillingOwner = <owner>
VaultStoreName = <archive>

[Folder]
Name=Mailboxroot
Enabled = false

I hope someone has an idea.

Regards,

Michael

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you dont need the [Archive] section if you're just disabling and make sure your ini file is saved in UNICODE format

also, your EVPM syntax looks incorrect. the -m needs to be followed by the SMTP address of your system mailbox.

lastly, what version of EV and what version of Exchange? you might need to use the FQDN of your Exchange mailbox server in the -e part of the evpm command (or if you're already using fqdn, try the short name)

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As Andy said, you do not need the Archive section.  Your EVPM script should look like this:

[Directory]

[Mailbox]

[Folder]
Name = mailboxroot

Enabled = False

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you dont need the [Archive] section if you're just disabling and make sure your ini file is saved in UNICODE format

also, your EVPM syntax looks incorrect. the -m needs to be followed by the SMTP address of your system mailbox.

lastly, what version of EV and what version of Exchange? you might need to use the FQDN of your Exchange mailbox server in the -e part of the evpm command (or if you're already using fqdn, try the short name)

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As Andy said, you do not need the Archive section.  Your EVPM script should look like this:

[Directory]

[Mailbox]

[Folder]
Name = mailboxroot

Enabled = False