cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the PST Export Wizard

dcbone
Level 3

I'm working with an old 9.0.2 version of enterprise vault and am attempting to export all the pst files from archive. In the user manual it says on the left hand pane to right click archive, and click export. When I do this, there is no option for that, except "export list" which seems to attempt to export the list of options under archive when you drill down, but not export PST files.

Am I doing this wrong? I launch administrator console as administrator and it opens an MMC snap in for enterprise vault, but dont have the option of using the export wizard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sure thing, VSA = "Vault Service Account".  You can see what the EV services such as Enterprise Vault Administration, Directory, etc.. are running as.  That should be the VSA.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dcbone
Level 3

A small finding - We found an export folder on the server itself with many pst files already exported. I'm thinking they have all been exported already.

Would this "export" option disapear if all of the pst files have already been exported?

TonySterling

Hello,

No, the option would not disappear.  EV will allow you to export an archive as many times as you like.  

This is what it should look like.

Archive Icon for Export

Can you confirm you are logged into the EV Server as the EV VSA?

TS

Hi Tony. Thanks for the response. This was an undocumented server we found and are very unfamiliar with Executive Backup. Could you please advise what a EV VSA is and how I can determine if I am logging in with that?

TonySterling

Sure thing, VSA = "Vault Service Account".  You can see what the EV services such as Enterprise Vault Administration, Directory, etc.. are running as.  That should be the VSA.

Thanks Tony. We found the service account and password and that fixed it. Thank you!