cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6.0sp4 Services won't start following server reboot

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
We have had to reboot our server and now the EV services won't start. They say "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Server is Win2003 SP2 and has been running fine for some time. No updates were done since previous reboot a few weeks ago. All the EV services except the Admin service fail in this same way.

I have checked things like the ODBC links, SQL, registery, service login accounts, and all looks ok.

Other things that run on the server are all working fine, just EV having the problem.

Any ideas ?
2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6
I would recommend re-installing the EV binaries again.  (i,e. running setup).

This will replace update all the files settings etc and should sort the issue.  All configuration is held by the SQL databases so you will lose nothing.

You could run a dtrace (search dtrace on ev support for technote) against evservices etc and see if anything is logged that may assist with why this is occurring but these are queite complex to read.  I believe you can include all the services as part opf the items to dctrace.

If you are still worried about trying this I would recommend contacting EV support for further assistance. 

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Tried Dtrace and it complained about midding DLL, so that was a clue.

Reinstall didn't work so I manually copied all the files from the CD over the ones in "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault" and then put back the ones that held config data.

Now back up and running.

Thanks for the help.