cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate EVPM Setting on Folder?

Scott__Hastings
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Is there a way to validate if settings from EVPM, (Archive Policy, Retention Policy, Delete Shorcuts, )

Is this stored somewhere in SQL that I can query? Trying to make sure that policies against a folder were applied... Without going to each Outlook Profile and opening it?

Any help much, much appreciated!

Scott D Hastings Sr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the settings are stored in the hidden message in the mailbox, not in SQL. if you need to verify, i'd recommend checking a sample (small subset) of the mailboxes that you applied the policy to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

the settings are stored in the hidden message in the mailbox, not in SQL. if you need to verify, i'd recommend checking a sample (small subset) of the mailboxes that you applied the policy to.

Scott__Hastings
Level 5

Andy,  thanks... I suspected as such bc I couldn't imagine how it would get to SQL. I think the long and short of it is there's no easy way to to check all users with one script or process... Unless you can query a mailbox for IPM.EnterpriseVault.Filter.* or something like that.  I'm not sure how that would really tell me what I want to know.

I think I'll go with the reactive approach and if somone has an issue, I'll look at it then.

I'll leave this open a little longer before marking your response as a solution to see if somone has same "magic dust"

thanks!

Scott D Hastings Sr

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

You can use MDBVU32, MFCMAPI or Outlook Spy to look at the hidden message if you like ;)

AndrewB

do you have a nifty way of automating that? didnt seem like he wanted to do any spot checks.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

@AndrewB - you cant afaik

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have a look in the download section, I've posted scripts / sample-code which will show hidden messages on folders.  (eg contacts folder)

Working for cloudficient.com