cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 9 - Virtual Vault Config - no vaults available

trooper
Level 3

We have just upgraded from 8.02 to v9 and now have the ability to use vault cache and virtual vault.

I have set up a provisioning group just for myself at rank 1 and a exchange desktop policy to allow vault cache and to enabe virtual vault

When I open outlook I can see the vault cache options under the Tools - enterprise Vault menu but if I try to sync the vault cache I get a response, after it connects to the EV server, saying "No vaults available. Contact your Help Desk."

and in the Virtual Vault properties in Outlook it says "There are no vaults available for you to dispay in the Outlook Navigation Pane."

Any ideas what have I done wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look to see if any sort of Vault Cache has been downloaded if any. What do you have in the location:-

documents and settings\USERNAME\local settings\application data\kvs\enterprise vault

You should see a directory under there with a combination of letters and numbers and that should contain a db file or db files an mdc file a cachedstoreidmap.xml etc etc

If that does contain some of that then do the following:-

1. Switch client logging to maximum

2. Try a manual sync

3. Attach the client log to this thread

If you are not familiar with this process then detailed instructions can be found at the following tech article:-

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38096

trooper
Level 3

hi paul,

here is the log - amended user and company detail

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

It appears that you have not enabled your vault cache yet.

05/11/2010 04:31:37.395[ 228]: HDR:SYNC:ARC: Considering '16B68FB928230584E86B28384C039C9281110000EVAULT' for synchronization. Accessible:yes, Enabled:no, Status:-2, File:2, Last sync. time:NEVER

Is your desktop policy set to automatically enable, or for user-enable?

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

Are you logged into windows as the user that owns the archive or are you running outlook under another account and opening the test user mailbox? If so this may be why the archive is not being auto enabled.

trooper
Level 3

I am logged into Windows and  Outlook as myself and I own the archive and the desktop policy assigned just to me is set to automatically enable the vault cache

In outlook I can see the Vault Cache properties from the Tools - Enterprise Vault menu and it is in there that I can see that it says no vaults available

BravoZulu
Level 5

If you have OVRequireOfflineStore = 1 set in your registry then you won't see the VV unless you have Exchange Cache mode enabled.   In your Desktop Policy this is "Offline Store Required".