Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache not synchronizing for any user

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

Since upgrading a user to EV 11, Vault Cache no longer synchronizes for any user.

Attached is a client log which looks the same for 2 users along with Vault Information.

I have noticed the following lines that can be causing issues, but can't work out where to solve these:

• OVENABLED = 2
  • Unable to add/remove Outlook ForceFormReload registry key fix for Outlook: 0x80070005 and ~SetForceFormReloadKey: 0x80070005
  • Synchronization failed (COM error):: 0x80070005
  • HttpQueryInfo text is 'No access to archive' status code is '298' and HttpQueryInfo text is 'No access to archive' status code is '298'
  • Body is <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><MDCSyncResponse hr='-2147024891' msg='No access to archive'><IncrSyncResponse></IncrSyncResponse></MDCSyncResponse>
  • HDR: LoadXMLResponse is <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><MDCSyncResponse hr='-2147024891' msg='No access to archive'><IncrSyncResponse></IncrSyncResponse></MDCSyncResponse>
  • HDR:SYNC:ARC: MDCSyncResponse msg: No access to archive

Things I have tried:

• Ensured that IE is default browser
  • Ensured that the proxy server and SSL Certificate are in place and configured properly (wildcard SSL Cert and Internal and External EV alias and FQDNs are listed to bypass the proxy on the firewalls)
  • Attempted to reset vault cache with a test user but did not resolve anything
  • Attempted to delete files and reg keys for test user for vault cache in order to be able to create it from new. However, although I can set up Vault Cache this way, when attempting to sync it says, "No vaults available"

Also, in the EVCache folder under VCBuild, there are 3 files from over a month ago, are these a problem?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers
CD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

After chasing many red herrings, we finally got to the bottom of the issue.

After reseting the vault cache for a couple of test users we found a new log that was showing that it was trying to recreate the vault cache for the VSA archive (which it did not have access to).

By browsing to http://evserver/enterprisevault/listarchives.aspx it displayed only the VSA archive and not the expect archive(s).

Turns out this was caused by the Enterprise Vault IIS directory being set to pass through as the VSA and not application pass through.

Once this was changed, everything worked as planned.

Cheers
Chay

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The issue sounds like a server one because the errors are from the server saying access denied, how many EV servers do you have? If I were you I'd run FileReRegister.bat and then after that reset the password in the vac and restart the services If that fails would need a DTrace of w3wp to start with
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

They only have 1 Server, so have followed your advice (as it's 4am for them)

Will let you know if this has fixed the issue when I get them to attempt to synchronize.

Thanks for the help!

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Judging by the IIS logs, it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue:

As I am seeing these entries:

2014-10-16 12:28:08 10.1.200.140 GET /EnterpriseVault/IncrSync.aspx Slot=b0274d14-01a5-4655-a492-ce622146875b&ArchiveID=1DA7088560F29DB41A2B9DA796DD2A9281110000casev-alias&SeqNoLow=198&SeqNoHigh=313 443 CA\cperkins 10.1.39.21 EnterpriseVaultOutlookExt-V11.0.0.1351 298 0 0 78

2014-10-16 12:28:05 10.1.200.140 GET /EnterpriseVault/FullSync.aspx Slot=800f27eb-2569-4676-852b-158970981c6f&SeqNoLow=0&ArchiveID=14FE74E642E2B4C4FBF91A7B85AD3C0F31110000casev-alias&SeqNoHigh=2192 443 US\jreed 10.2.60.21 EnterpriseVaultOutlookExt-V11.0.0.1351 298 0 0 109

As in the client trace, there are errors pointing to error code 298. I can't seem to find what this relates to anywhere...

HttpQueryInfo text is 'No access to archive' status code is '298' and HttpQueryInfo text is 'No access to archive' status code is '298'

When a test user is available I will get a synchronization attempt and run a DTrace against w3wp for clues, but last time I ran this I found nothing...

What is HTTP status code 298??!?!

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Attached is a w3wp trace

Do you think 

WinHttpRequest::Shutdown. Handle closed.  Waiting for callbacks to complete.

Means the indexing service is corrupt?

Cheers
CD

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

This is the most frustrating line of the W3WP log:

{Common.DTraceExceptionAndVEID} Exception: No access to archive Info:VEID:14E7D9F2BB6D7E746A2A516E0D0AF340C1110000casev-alias Diag: Type:System.UnauthorizedAccessException ST:   at DesktopClientCacheWeb.FullSync.GetFullIndexChunk(IAutoJournalAccessor ja)|   at DesktopClientCacheWeb.FullSync.GetFullIndexChunkAndCheckSlot()|   at DesktopClientCacheWeb.FullSync.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs args) Inner:None

I feel this holds the key to the issue, but this exception doesn't seem to be documented anywhere

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

As an update: I have opened a Case with support - 07497425.

Will update of any progression

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

After chasing many red herrings, we finally got to the bottom of the issue.

After reseting the vault cache for a couple of test users we found a new log that was showing that it was trying to recreate the vault cache for the VSA archive (which it did not have access to).

By browsing to http://evserver/enterprisevault/listarchives.aspx it displayed only the VSA archive and not the expect archive(s).

Turns out this was caused by the Enterprise Vault IIS directory being set to pass through as the VSA and not application pass through.

Once this was changed, everything worked as planned.

Cheers
Chay