cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache query

GTK
Level 6

Hope someone can help

we have a user who had an issue with vault cache. To cut a long story short they now have a new vault cache / virtual vault and also they have their old VV as a secondary vault. I know by design that secondary vaults are READ ONLY but is there any way i can import the users old VV into their current VV so essentially they just have one VV and write access?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

both vault caches should just be reading from the same archives right? so with the synch process they should match right?

Or are you just trying to speed up the synch process?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Did you create them a new archive? If so .. Why?
Working for cloudficient.com

GTK
Level 6

the users original archive was migrated over to a new EV site so user has 2 virtual vaults, one with data from old EV site and one with data from new EV site

GTK
Level 6

any ideas form anyone?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why not either use Move Archive or export the old archive and import into the new one?

GTK
Level 6

Tony

the archive has alreday been moved into the users current archive - see my earlier post.

The user has 2 virtual vaults. On is his current vault, the other is his old vault. We cant drag and drop from his old vault as its READ ONLY. is there a way to hack the MDC file so we can move everything from his old virtual vault to his new virtual vault ?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I read your previous post but is seems to me if all the contents of the old archive are in the new then the user wouldn't need two virtual vaults so maybe I am missing something. 

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Following on from what Tony said, why not delete the old archive so that the user only has one archive to sync with, and there would only be one Vault cache and Virtual vault?

GTK
Level 6

there are more folders in the users "old" virtual vault than there are in the new virtual vault, it would be nice to drag and drop folders from one virtual vault to the other but we cant

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Have you checked and compared the archives?  Have you compared the archive indexes? Have you reset the user's Vault Cache so that it re-synchs and update since the archive move? Was an archive move a success? Is it just for this user?

What I would do is export the old archive and import it to the new, delete the old archive, reset the users Vault Cache in Outlook and let it re-synch cleanly.

GTK
Level 6

move archive was a success so i dont see the need to export and re-import to new archive?

I thought it would be as easy as moving the MDC file from old vault into location of new vault MDC and it would recreate the folder structure - but it doesn't

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

"there are more folders in the users "old" virtual vault than there are in the new virtual vault, it would be nice to drag and drop folders from one virtual vault to the other but we cant"

If your move archive was successful then the indexes should match therefore there shouldn't be any folders mismatch between the two vault caches/Virtual vaults? Perhaps you should look at this problem first. I presumed you have reset the Vault Cache and let everything re-synched and updated on the client machine?