cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Icon for vaulted items not being displayed (Microsoft hotfix already applied)

Refoxx23
Level 2

Hello,

I had a user put in a ticket that the icon for her vaulted items was not showing. With some searching I found a hotfix and an April office update that should have addressed her issue. I applied both updates and he issued remained. After further research with the user I found how to reproduce the issue.

Her issue is that most of her vaulted icons show but there are some messages that are vaulted but the icon has not changed. I can search her vault and find the message and in the body of the message I see the blue line stating "This message has been archived". If you try and vault the item again you get the "Please select an Item" message. I know the message is being vaulted. I noticed the messages that did not have the vauled icon next to them show that the user had either replied or forwared the message.

This is the process that I can use on any computer to make the vault icon not appear. Double click and open a message. While you have the message open vault the item then forward or reply to the message that you have open. When the message is sent the icon will change from the vaulted or vaulting icon back to Outlook message icon. The only way I have found to fix the icon is to restore the item from the vault then vault it again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i was able to reproduce this in my lab with EV11 and Outlook 2013 SP1 (with all the latest updates). it has the correct message class, ipm.note.enterprisevault.shortcut, but the icon shows a forwarded item instead of the shortcut icon.

probably best to get a ticket open with support. they might tell you it's a MS thing but at least you can (hopefully) get the ball rolling on a fix.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB

what version of EV?

what version of EV Outlook addin?

what version of Outlook?

"Double click and open a message" do you mean a new message or a message that's already been archived?

Nate_D1
Level 6

Does this happen for all users or just this user wherever she sits? I.E Are you able to replicate the issue with all users.

Refoxx23
Level 2

We are using EV Version: 10.0.4.1189

The plugin is 10.0.4.1189

We have Office 2013 and using Outlook 2013

In her or my inbox if I double click on a messge that has been recieved it opens in a new window so the message can be read. While that message is open if I vault the item while the message is still open and reply or forward the messge the icon that is displayed after the message is sent is the Outlook envlope icon with a small arrow.

I did tell the user to reply or forward the message before vaulting the message or wait for the message to be vaulted before responding. I can reproduce this same resault on and PC.

AndrewB

after you click store are you waiting until it says "Enterprise Vault has archived this item" or do you reply/forward while it's still in the process of archiving the message?

Refoxx23
Level 2

you can do it while it is vaulting or wait for it vault. I get the same resault I have tried both.

AndrewB

ok. thanks for the details. i'll attempt to replicate this in my lab and get back to you soon.

AndrewB

i was able to reproduce this in my lab with EV11 and Outlook 2013 SP1 (with all the latest updates). it has the correct message class, ipm.note.enterprisevault.shortcut, but the icon shows a forwarded item instead of the shortcut icon.

probably best to get a ticket open with support. they might tell you it's a MS thing but at least you can (hopefully) get the ball rolling on a fix.

Merv
Level 6
Partner
Refox, What i understand is happening is you - simply dont show the fully archived item icon when an item has actually been fully archived. " When the message is sent the icon will change from the vaulted or vaulting icon back to Outlook message icon. " Can you reproduce this behaviour on more than one user? "I can search her vault and find the message and in the body of the message I see the blue line stating "This message has been archived" Here you are saying that you can still see the shortcut? So for those messages with have been archived but no icon - when you view the message on the preview pane it DOES show the shortcut and not the full item I suspect the problem could just be outlook forms. Can you change your view settings to show message class and check what is the message class for those affected items? Is it ipm.note or ipm.note.enterprisevault.... There is also a few known issues in outlook 2013 where the icons dont properly occur but this affects all items. So can you test if this affects only outlook 2013? http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH213877 http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211221