cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Store Database Backup

OldEmployee
Level 5

Some of our Vault stores are reporting that the SQL database backup hasnt been run for X days in the Admin Console.

I checked with our DBA's and they confirmed that the backup are completing daily on their scheduled times.

There are other databases on the same SQL server which dont report this error in the status.

So is this alert a genuine alert? What entry is the console looking at to verify this alert?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Verify that they make a FULL backup. <EDIT> A full backup in SQL. Not a 'file backup', really a backup from within SQL.<end edit>

I know from experience that if you make a backup, but not a FULL, EV will not see the database as being backed up.

If you have access to SQL management studio, open the instance where the reported database sits. rightclick database, properties, look at General, then Last Database Backup. That is the date when the last FULL backup was made.

If your SQL team doesn't believe you, set that Vault store in backup mode, and have them make a manual FULL backup. Then look at the date again. Clear backup mode, and rerun the Status check. You'll see the DB is not reported anymore.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA

Hello,

Verify that they make a FULL backup. <EDIT> A full backup in SQL. Not a 'file backup', really a backup from within SQL.<end edit>

I know from experience that if you make a backup, but not a FULL, EV will not see the database as being backed up.

If you have access to SQL management studio, open the instance where the reported database sits. rightclick database, properties, look at General, then Last Database Backup. That is the date when the last FULL backup was made.

If your SQL team doesn't believe you, set that Vault store in backup mode, and have them make a manual FULL backup. Then look at the date again. Clear backup mode, and rerun the Status check. You'll see the DB is not reported anymore.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

See also this kb for a check using SQL

Regards. Gertjan