cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault cleanup

Sortid
Level 6
Hi,

I'm running EV2007 SP4.  Just a general question on vaults.  When a user recalls a file it extracts the CAB file to the vault.  These CAB files sit around until a clean up process is run during the evening (not exactly sure what process does this...)  Is there a way to run these at any time?  We get into the situation occasionally where the vault drive fills and no one can recall files from that vault until the following day. 

Thanks,
Cam.

21 REPLIES 21

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. The dtrace shows that it searches for the files only in the user profile folder and I don't know any way of modifying the path values.

As the collections cleanup takes place once a day, I would consider creating a small .cmd script that should perform the cleanup. It could look like this:
del /q /f /s <drive_letter:\path_to_vault>\*.archdvs

The script could be set in a task that runs every hour (or every  2 hours).

To create a task that runs every hour, you can check the following link (if needed):
http://www.ipconfig.co.nz/blog/post.cfm/windows-run-a-scheduled-task-hourly

Hope this helps.
Olivian

Sortid
Level 6
I logged a case with Symantec Support before realising the pathing issue.  They confirmed you can't change the path or the expiry time of the files and suggested I run the collection manually or run a delete of archdvs files when required.

Thanks to all for your comments.