cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vauted Icons not appearing in OWA

Jay_jones
Level 3
When I log into OWA items that are vaulted appears as the standard Microsoft envelope and not the EVS icon. However on the desktop Outlook Client it appears fine. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
What you are looking for is actually only 'fixed' in V6 in that it will automatically set OWA 2003 to be able to view the icons etc. There is a limited fix in V5 but it requires updating some of the exchange control files manually. You might need to contact Symantec support to get this process though - It does not appear to be on their support site.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Jay,

stupid question but you have installed the OWA extensions?

what version of EV?

David

Jay_jones
Level 3
Sorry David was in a rush, didn't give all the specs. Running EV 5.0 sp4, SP5 will be applied in the next couple of weeks.

I'l give a bit more detail about the background. We are in the the process of an exchange 2000 to e2k3 migration. I have upgraded the FE servers to exchange 2k3 some backends are 2k3 and some are still 2000. When I access a mailbox on E2k3 the Icons do not appear, when I access a mailbox on E2k the icons are present.

Since Upgrading to E2k3 on the FE I have ran the OWA configuration for 2003 as well. Also, when I access the mailboxes directly from the BE of E2k3 the icons do not appear, and I have ran the OWA Configuration on the BE e2k3 servers as well.

thanks for the prompt reply.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Suggest go to SP5 and see what happens.

Stuff fixed in SP5:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277697.htm

Includes *some* OWA stuff.

David

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
What you are looking for is actually only 'fixed' in V6 in that it will automatically set OWA 2003 to be able to view the icons etc. There is a limited fix in V5 but it requires updating some of the exchange control files manually. You might need to contact Symantec support to get this process though - It does not appear to be on their support site.

Cheers