cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ver 3.6 - Event Log 7243

mike_gooding
Level 2
I have the following Error listed in the Application log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The index data could not be committed to disk.
 Possible reasons are:
 a) Disk space or quota has been exhausted on the index device
 b) Permissions do not allow the service access to the index
 c) The index device is not available

There are 17143172 Kbytes available to the account  in index location F:\EVSTOR~1\Indexing\1C0DA9~1
Low level indexing error: document already exists
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a later Event Logged ID:7222 - Could not open indexing parameters.

I know it's an old version, but we still use it.

Not sure if it is related but when we do EV Searches, it does not return the requested information.

Any help or ideas would be useful.

Mike
10 REPLIES 10

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi You have physical access to the files on F:\EVSTOR~1, and the files are there? Could you try copying new files with windows explorer there just as a test? The NTFS Permissions of F:\EVSTOR~1 do match? Were there any recent changes to the environment? Did you try a reboot? ;) Is this happening to all EV Users? (Search not available), or to a specific one? I'm not sure if this (really!) old version already had this, but could you have a look on your EV Install dir (C:\Program Files\EnterpriseVault), if you have a file called "IndexReplay.xxx" or something like this? Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

mike_gooding
Level 2
Michel,

We have access to the folder, and the File refered to, in the Error Log is actually a folder.

I am able to copy a test file into this folder.

The NTFS Permissions are Everybody "Full Control"

No recent changes to the enviroment.

We are using EV to archive the Exchange "Journal" Mailbox, so the Searches are limited to Admins.

I have had a look in C:\Program Files\EnterpriseVault and there is no files called "IndexReplayxx" or anything else of a similar name.

The files within the problem folder still seem to be being updated as show by the modified date being changed.

Mike

patrickkuah
Level 6
The file is called IndexVolumeReplay.exe. Newer version like EV 7.5, you can access this tool via VAC > Archives, right click and select Index Volumes....

patrickkuah

patrickkuah
Level 6
wait!!! version 3.6?????

MichelZ
Level 6
That's what I tought, too ;) 7.5 Years old in fact: http://www.enterprisevaultfaq.com/wiki/EV_Version_History ;)

mike_gooding
Level 2
Yep,

It's version 3.6, I know it's old, it was purchased from KVS the original authors, and we never needed to upgrade, big mistake now :)

However I would like to resolve it if at all possible.

Mike

patrickkuah
Level 6
Wow...that's dinosaur dude. Think upgrade would be better, already EOL...

MichelZ
Level 6
Any chance that there is a utility called "ManageIndexReplay.htm" in your EV directory?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I think that's an error we get when reading the dataset file.  Assuming that you only get the issue for this index why not just rename the directory and then when you store another item in the archive it will rebuild the entire index for you.  Assuming that's not a journal index then it shouldn't take more than a few hours.

by the way glad someone still running V3.6, if it ain't broke....

MichelZ
Level 6
Mike They seem to use it for Journaling only: "We are using EV to archive the Exchange "Journal" Mailbox, so the Searches are limited to Admins." So this will take a big amount of time... (Archiving since 7.5 Years, I assume ;) )