cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ver6 SP1 Client install question on Citrix

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi,

We have Citrix servers configured with drive M: rather than C: When we try to load the Outlook client addin we get "Invalid Drive C:"

I know we can temp fix with a subst for the install, but is anyone aware of any problems doing that way ?

All works fine on Desktops and Laptops, but they all have C: as default.

Nick
4 REPLIES 4

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Best of luck mate. EV is tempremental enuf already :)

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
This is what you need to do.

1. Use Orca editor, in accordance with KB255905 , to modify the .msi file and point the target path to %systemroot%\program files.
2. Copy EVClientXXm.msi and save it with a different filename.
3 Load ORCA and open the package.
4. Select the Property pane in the left column. You will see a TargetDir option in the right window. Double-click C:\Program Files\ and change to %SystemRoot%\Program Files\.
5. Place the .msi file in the same location as the original Cmc.msi file.
6. Run Add/Remove Programs and reference your modified .msi file. If this fails, repeat Steps 1-4 and change the drive letter from C:\ to the server drive letter.

PS. Make sure to NOT do a save as. Copy the msi and edit it, then save. The save as messes up the msi.

The hardcoded C: path is for backwards compatibility purposes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rik_Hoffelder
Level 2
Just ran into this myself last night. So I plugged a thumb drive into a USB port, which came up as drive C and ran the install.

Also launched the package using EVClientXXm.MSI /qf. This displays the full installer UI. Don't know if it was necessary, but it sure didn't hurt!

NOTE: It does not write any data to drive C.

Regards,
Rik.

Marc_Cacciola
Level 4
Just wanted to say thanks on this one as well. I ran into this today and had to use the ORCA to edit the MSI.

Nice one!