cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Classification Engine: Creating a policy for Japanese language

BillieBachra
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All, I am using EV 12.3 and trying to create a policy to classify items in Japanese and failing at the first hurdle. I have created a very simple policy where I am just looking initially to indentify a document to be in the Japanese language. Veritas Information Classification does not seem to think the test document is in Japanese. I do want to go onto create a more complex policy once I get over this initial step. I can't find much information on the web as I keep getting directed to lanagiage support documents. I have three questions.

1) Which vesions of Japanese language does EV support?

2) Do I need to do additional configuration (ie add a module I don't know about) to get this to work?

3) Can anyone direct me to documents/resources that can help me with what I am attemting to do?

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Billie,

What classification method are you using? If Veritas Information Classifier, there is not much information available online and I believe Support is your best friend on this.

--Virgil

BillieBachra
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Virgil, I am using Veritas Information Classifier. I got it working in the end. It does pick up Japanese kanji. When looking to match content I needed to do a string match.  I am not sure if I need to specify both the 'language is' as well as the content as VIC seems to find a hit in Japanese for content only. I am assuming that reason for the langauge option in the policy is for looking for foriegn lanaguage documents. Thank you for your response

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Billie, thanks for the update, glad you got it working. I agree with you, I believe the reason for the language option under the policy is for classifying foreign language data.

--Virgil

You don't need to use the 'language is' condition as well as the text for matching content - just the text condition is sufficient.

You would only use 'language is' if you want to restrict results to documents whose primary language is Japanese.  It's rare to have such a requirement, so you probably don't want that.