Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versioninfo.xml missing

The_Boulon
Level 5
Partner

OK,

I migrated an EV11.0.x to 12.0

So far so good, DB were upgraded without any problem.

Services started normally but, at one, the indexing stopped.

Looking further in the event viewer I saw this

An unexpected error has occurred.

Error Summary: Indexing Service start up error
Error Details: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\data\InitialConfigurationData\indexmetadata\VersionInfo.xml'.
Reference: ServiceBaseEx::Run
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.IVMetadataLocationUpdater.UpdateVersionInfoFile(String metaDataPath)
at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.IndexAdminService.OnPerformStartup(Boolean HotRestart)
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.ServiceBaseEx.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=12.0.0.0&build=12.0....

I di try to copy the versioninfo.xml from the old to the new server. No can do. the file is deleted when the indexing service start.

Idea how to resolve this?

Cheers,

Olivier

3 REPLIES 3

marispeter
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Do you find a solution for this?

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you done the migration using the migration wizard or manually?

I would suggest doing a reset of the Indexing engine and see if that helps. Have a look on this technote for the steps:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100037911

--Virgil

marispeter
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Already reinstalled the index engine ( + a total reinstallation from the binaries. We where using the Migration Wizard for the migration.