cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View more then 10 iteams in Archive explorer

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Hi Everyone

I would judt like to find out if it is possible to view more then ten iteams in Archive explorer? Reason I ask is because I need to restore 10 000 items and archive explorer only shows 10 items at a time.

Does anyone know how to view say about 100 items at a time?

Thanks

Regards

Robert dos Ramos
14 REPLIES 14

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Sorry guys I meant more then a 100 items. Currently I can view 100 items, so if there is anyway I can view more

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Hello Robert,
Could it be that somewhere you defined this number in the WebApp.ini by exemple?
Because out of the box I can see all the items belonging to a folder.

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
I have checked that but there doesnt seem to be any code within the webapp.ini documentation that can extend the view.

I have about 3000 iteams sitting in on folder and it only displays 100 items per page. In the top right hand corner it displays how many pages there are inorder to scroll through the folder.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you restoring the entire archive? If so the easiest way would be to open the Admin Console and right click on Archives and choose Export. When the window opens the middle choice will let you resotre the items back to the mailbox.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
HI,

If the items are from the same folder then I thought I read that in V6 sp1 when you do an export you can specify a folder. Did I imagine that?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes that is correct. When you walk through the export wizard it will allow you to specify a particuliar folder and its subfolders if you want. Pretty cool. :)

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
hi guys

thanks for all the feed back.

Will the export mmethod work for FSA?

Regards,

Robert

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
No it will not export back to the file system, only to PST. Which you could then copy back to the FIle system.

You could initiate a mass recall using the advanced option in XP too 'Seach Tape Backup' However if you are using placeholder you will have to run this as an admin user and ensure that you have the following regkey's set on the file server:
HKLM\software\kvs\enterprise vault\FSA\placeholderservice----
BypassrecallLimitsForAdmins = 1
RevertItemsToPlaceholders = 0 - This setting stops items from reverting back to a placeholder after 20 minutes.
Restart placeholder service for the settings to be effective.

Cheers

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Wow that sounds pretty good. ok, I know this is going to sound stupid on my behalf but what is the advanced process in XP and how do I go about doing it?

thanks again

Rob

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
If you are using XP SXP1/2, then right click on the folder in question through Window's Explorer and Search. Then select advanced options on the right hand pane. You should have the option in there with a check box that needs to be clicked. Just search for some text withing all the doc's.

An alternative is to use an Anti-Virus scan that does recall placeholders.

However if you are not using Placeholders this will not work for you and you would have to fall back on the PST method.
Also the next time you do an archive run it will reset the files back to placeholders if they fit your policy.

Also remember to reset the regkeys when you are done.

Cheers

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Thanks alot Ill give that a try in the morning.

thanks again

Peter_Rus
Level 3
"No it will not export back to the file system, only to PST. Which you could then copy back to the FIle system"

Might i say that you can export a file direct back to the file system if you put in the webapp ini file the following syntax :

Noclient=1

This comes from the admin guide EV 6.0. ; search on MSGNotDVS

If you browse towards http://thenameofyourserver/enterprisevault//search02k.asp it will open the file for you in the native program that you have associated with the file.

With regards,
peter

Nancy_Marone
Level 2
Can I safely assume that the answer to the original question is 'NO' -- you cannot modify the default display of items in Archive Explorer from 100 to 1000?

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
With V6SP1 and above (I think) you can use Federated Searching. This allows a search result to bring back more than the default 1000 items. you need to edit the webapp.ini to enable this, and to also enter how many items you want to be returned.

You can find info about this in the Admin Guide.