cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Items from Vaule and Offline Vault

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Wondering if someone could help me with this one.

Runing 7.5 sp4 with shortcut set to message body.

we had a situation where the audit log says 1 users viewed over 1900 items in one day.  Not restored but viewed

so wondering 2 things.

1.  if running offline vault would that view be retrieved from the offline vault even if connected too the exchange server

2.  when view items would that be retreived from ev to exchange and then down too the outlook client or is viewing not retreiving the full item.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Hi, answers to your questions.

1. Yes, Offline Vault always first - then if connected it will go to the EV server.

2. Viewing items - nothing is retrieved from EV to Exchange - it goes directly from EV to the client.  You can even have your Exchange server down and if you are in cached mode in Outlook, you can still open your archived emails.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Hi, answers to your questions.

1. Yes, Offline Vault always first - then if connected it will go to the EV server.

2. Viewing items - nothing is retrieved from EV to Exchange - it goes directly from EV to the client.  You can even have your Exchange server down and if you are in cached mode in Outlook, you can still open your archived emails.

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Thanks John

That was kind of what i thought but wanted to re-confirm it.

So only time it would impact on the exchange server would be if someone asked to have all the items in a folder retreived rather than view

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Yes that is correct, I take it you mean restored not retrieved :)

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
sorry yes restored