Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Vault Calendar displayed as folder, no Calendar view

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

HI,

I stumbled upon the discussion thread http://98.129.119.162/connect/forums/virtual-vault-question on an issue I have with several users at my customers organization.
We started to rollout Enterprise Vault 8 SP2 within the organization and all was working well.
We "recently" upgraded to SEV 8 SP3 and introduced Virtual Vault to the end users with great success. We also "upgraded" the client to SP3.
We now have several reports from users that see a REGULAR folder for the Calendar in Virtual Vault, not with the "Calendar Icon"
Result is that this folder cannot be added to the user's calendar view and can only be viewed in "folder view" rendering the items as a message list (like the inbox).
The previous thread did not reveal a solution to this problem.
Anyone else stumbled into this issue as well?
Thanks
BR
Bert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6

This issue appears to have been fixed in EV8SP4.  Below is an extract taken from the updates .htm file that ships with this release.

Improved display of folders and their contents in Virtual Vault [Ref 804959, E1655752]

Virtual Vault had the following issues with its display of folders when the folders existed in Vault Cache before the upgrade to Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3:

• All folders, including the Calendar, Contact, Journal, Note, Task, and Sent Items folders, appeared in the Outlook Navigation Pane with the basic folder icon and used the basic item view.
  • The Sent Items folder and the Drafts folder showed a From column containing the sender's name.

These issues have been fixed. The Calendar, Contact, Journal, Note, Task, and Sent Items folders appear with the correct icon for the type of folder and use the appropriate view for the type of items they contain. The Sent Items folder and the Drafts folder show a To column containing recipients' names.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

This issue appears to have been fixed in EV8SP4.  Below is an extract taken from the updates .htm file that ships with this release.

Improved display of folders and their contents in Virtual Vault [Ref 804959, E1655752]

Virtual Vault had the following issues with its display of folders when the folders existed in Vault Cache before the upgrade to Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3:

• All folders, including the Calendar, Contact, Journal, Note, Task, and Sent Items folders, appeared in the Outlook Navigation Pane with the basic folder icon and used the basic item view.
  • The Sent Items folder and the Drafts folder showed a From column containing the sender's name.

These issues have been fixed. The Calendar, Contact, Journal, Note, Task, and Sent Items folders appear with the correct icon for the type of folder and use the appropriate view for the type of items they contain. The Sent Items folder and the Drafts folder show a To column containing recipients' names.

Maverik
Level 6

Hi,

Can you confirm if my post resolved the issue? If so, please mark as solved.

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

Hi Don,

Thanks for pointing this out. We're thinking of upgrading to SP4 and I will have a look at the document you mention. Sorry for not responding earlier on this.