cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Vault Disappeared After Upgrade from EV Outlook Plugin 9 to 10

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

We are using Dell's Kace system to push out the EV 10 installer, msi file, to Windows 7 client machines which currently run EV 9. The install runs as system.

I have noticed on a number of machines that the Virtual vault is no longer present in Outllook 2010 after the upgrade.

If I try to add the virtual vault afterwards, I notice that for several users their account details are no longer present, as in the account name and check box aren't visible.

Instead there is the message "There are no vaults available for you to display in the Outlook Navigation Pane"

On other machines after I tick the checkbox I get the message "Enterprise Vault could not add or remove the following virtual vaults: <Account name> Try again later.

I've tried running a verbose trace including virtual vault and could only find the following;

"Could not create an instance of Virtual Vault. Verify that EVMSP is correctly configured in MAPISVC.INF: 0x8004010F

However I can't see anything wrong with this file, the location for the file is given as.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\MAPISVC.INF

I have tried to reset the cache but this hasn't made a difference, the virtual vault is still not available.

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You're using Outlook 365 right?
Pretty sure the MAPISVC.INF you want is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033
If you run ResetEVClient.exe with elevated privileges, does it work?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for the reply, we are on Outlook 2010.

Yes the MAPISVC.INF file is being picked up from the other location I mentioned C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\MAPISVC.INF

That's according to the diagnostics log, the one in Common Files is 0 bytes in size.

I'll try resetting with elevated privileges.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I tried running ResetEVClient.exe as administrator but still get the error "Enterprise Vault could not add or remove the following virtual vaults: <Account name> Try again later.

I've noticed for other users it eventually worked if they leave it for some time and try again. 

It's all a bit random, not an ideal situation when we plan to push this out across all of the site.