cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Vault, Users with error 0x80004005, Outlook used all free resources / Skype

Andy297
Level 4

Hello,

recently I see more and more users having error

0x80004005, Outlook hat alle freigegebenen Ressourcen verbraucht. Schließen Sie alle Messaginganwendungen, und starten Sie Outlook neu (Beispiel: Skype for Business)

in their EV Log. Which in English means, Outlook has used all available resources, please close all Messaging Aps like Skype for Business. I have this issue on a daily basis for 2 users, which leads to their Virtaul Vault being unavailable in Outlook. 

As a workaround, the users need to close Outlook, then close Skype completely, then start Outlook again (without Skype running) to get the Vault to work again. After this, Skype can be started again. So it somehow seems Skype is Blocking Outlook/Virtual Vault. At one user, this happens 2 times a day. I see this more and more happening at users in the company right now. The 2 users I mention here have quite big Vault Archives from 40+ GB, in case this could be part of the issue...

Is there any information on how to get around this or fix the problem ?

Machines of the users have both been reinstalled with Windows 10 recently. The problem also existed on the old machine before the reimage.

Thanks in advance (Have a nice weekend everybody)

Andy

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Andy,

What is the EV Outlook Addin version? I would advise installing the latest version (ie, EV 12.3) provided the EV server version is at least 11.x.

Another thing to look at is the amount of the archive you are storing locally ie. Vault Cache configuration. You may try to store less data or change from full content to headers only.

--Virgil

Hi Virgile,

Outlook Addin currently is 12.2.0.1437

I will still wait a few weeks before proceeding with 12.3

Sounds interesting to try changing the headers. I will give this a look and try (will go ahead and read manual description as I am not aware of the full feature currently)

I will report back to this thread if that solved the issue.

Thanks

Andreas

Looks like this setting is an Exchange Desktop policy only.

We did migrate to the Cloud one year ago. Our users still have the Exchange archives but do actually get SMTP Archiving in the Backround (into the Exchange archives).

So I assume there is also no way to change the policy as synchronizing of the policy cannot be done anymore ?

However, in parallel, I will open a Ticket with Veritas for it.

Andy,

This is not something that I have seen being raised to us. On that basis as no technical investigation has taken place then there would be no known workaround. I would suggest logging a case with EV technical support so that investigations can take place. 

Paul

Enterprise Vault Senior Principal Engineer APJ