cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtualizing Ev to VMWare 4.1

ph1llies05
Level 4

Morning All,

Has anyone use the P2V process to virtualize their Ev servers?  My agency is looking into virtualizing our EV servers and I haven't been able to find any information on the best course to migrate the data from EV over.  If anyone of you have any information on this process or has successfully used the P2V process please share.  I came across one post that stated if you use the P2V process and something goes wrong support will not want to help you.

We are currently running EV 8.0 SP5 on Win 2003 R2 SP2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi, if you are satisfied, can you mark an answer as solution? This will close the question.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA

Hi,

At another customer, they hired experts from HP to do this.

They did a P2V migration of W2003/EV2007SP4 and it worked without any issues.

I am not sure about the vm-ware version, but you should check the compatibility guide for that.

Regards. Gertjan

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

We also did a P2V for an EV server and migrated to VMWare and we don't have any issues. Ours was EV8 SP4 on Windows 2003 R2 SP2. 

ph1llies05
Level 4

Thanks for the replies.  The compatibility guide shows that everything is compatible.  I'm assuming the P2V process should be the same no matter if you are going to VMWare or any other solution.  I really haven't been able to find any info to support my assumption on EV forums or VMWare forums, which seems odd.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do an offline (boot with P2V CD) P2V conversion, or if you do an online, make sure to stop all EV and SQL services before starting !

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you're concerned about the P2V process, EV makes it very easy for you to follow the DR process as outlined in the admin guide to move EV to another server. it's even easier if you keep the same server name and IP. you'll actually be killing two birds with one stone because you can virtualize and go to Windows 2008 R2 at the same time.

ph1llies05
Level 4

This is great, thank you all for all the feed back.

GertjanA

Hi, if you are satisfied, can you mark an answer as solution? This will close the question.

Regards. Gertjan