cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista user complaining

David_Briand
Level 2

Hey folks,

I am helping a buddies company implement EV and one of the pilot users sent me an email with the following:

Hi, here are some of the major issues I am experiencing. OS is Vista SP1 and Outlook is 2007.

1. Performance of Outlook has declined substantially
  2. Loss of Toolbar Buttons/Options on new mail message
  3. All my instant search categories and indexes are gone. (this is extremely frustrating as I was heavily reliant on this feature and now I have to figure out how to get it to work again based upon it being damaged – not to mention that once fixed the time and performance hit I am going to take will it builds new indexes.

One thing he noticed the morning after archiving was enable for him was a 600MB download, which I suppose was offline vault setting up its ost. I have since disabled ov for all users because I didnt want an entire organization complaining about this.

1. Could the fact that he had originally downloaded the ost and then me disabling ov cause performance issues?

2. Is there a way you guys have been addressing the "I like my windows index in vista, dont archive my stuff." messages from users?

Thanks for your time,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2

David_Briand
Level 2
so nobody is being asked how this affects the integrated vista search?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

If users have offline vault, you can integrate it in WDS.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.