cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to import a PST file but not have duplicates

AlexR
Level 3
A while ago we migrated from Lotus notes to Exchange and at the same time to EV.

At the time we exported everyones archive to a PST file them imported that file into EV.

Unfortunatly now we find that one of our users is missing alot of his archived emails throughout a lot of different directories.  We had no error during migration so I'm not sure what wnet wrong.

What I would like to do is re-export toe archive to PST and re-import it into EV (after checking the exported pst file is ok first).  But with half of the archive already there I'm afraid if a new copy of the PST file is imported then half his archive is going to be duplicated.

I've looked and I can't see any option in the wizard of any command lines for EVPM, but i was hoping someone might know of some hidden setting, or a work around.

Many thanks
Alex
4 REPLIES 4

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Hello Alex

I don't think there is a way to import again without getting duplicates.

What you could do rather than exporting the archive to a PST file, is just import the PST again but to a specifically created folder called "PST Import" or something similar.  That way your end user could just go through the newly re-archived PST file and drag and drop anything from the new one that he needs.  Once he/she is finished they can simply delete the PST folder in their Outlook.  They may have a few duplicates in their archive but at least they wouldn't have to look at duplicates in Outlook.

Just a suggestion.

Judy Glazier

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

FLX
Level 4

Same issue here with simple PST-Data.

Let's make an example. I am archiving age and quota based. Before EV was introduced, the end user did some times clean  up his mailbox and export old files in a PST.

All messages, which have been copied instead of exported to a PST are now able to appear as duplicate within the PST.

Why has EV not an Undo-Wizard? You should choose between regular undo and undo on duplciates. I would appreciate it.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

please start a new thread for your question