cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Message - not working

Mr_Anderson
Level 4

Event 2297

Error whilst enabling mailbox for user xxx, error sending enabled message.

Possible Reason:

The message file could not be found.

Please refer to 'Editing the Welcome Message' in the Administration Help for more information on editing and copying the enabled message file.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

The welcome message is in the right directory as far as I can tell.  I've installed to D:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault and that is where the "EnableMailboxMessage.msg" file is.  I'm at a loss...  Things to check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have seen this before as a Permission related issue for the Vault Service Account.

The error message is missleading as the file is really there.

Check that the VSA has send as permissions.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have seen this before as a Permission related issue for the Vault Service Account.

The error message is missleading as the file is really there.

Check that the VSA has send as permissions.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Run into this one all the time.  Mike Z is right on the money, the easiest way to test for this:

Logon as VSA, start O2k with one of your system mailboxes.  You will most likely see the Welcome message queued up for delivery.  If not, try sending a message to yourself from this account.  If that works then your send as rights are fine.

-Joe

Mr_Anderson
Level 4

Thanks to both really.  I knew this was required but thought it was in place, it was only half in place though.  It had send as rights though ESM security, but not ADU&C security.  I initially assumed assigning the rights through ESM would show those rights in ADUC but not the case.

Thanks.

Murr38
Level 4
Partner

Hi.

I am having the same problem.

Where and what do I need to set the "Send As" permission in AD?

Please help! 

Mr_Anderson
Level 4

In AD Users and computers - Click View -->Advanced Features

Then go find that account in AD, go to the security tab (hidden until you show advanced features) and give your evadmin account Send As (Allow).