cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome message Event ID 2297

alogic
Level 4
Hi Everyone,

After reading the "setting up Exchange Server Archiving" doc, I've set up the EnableMailboxMessage.msg but when I enable a new user's mailbox, he doesnt receive the Welcome message?
The instructions aren't very detailed. Am I missing anything?

Error whilst enabling mailbox for user /o=XXXXX/ou=XXXXX/cn=Recipients/cn=XXXXXX, error sending enabled message.
Possible Reason:
The message file could not be found.

I did check the forums first, but looks like there's only 1 person who had this issue back in 2006.  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/welcome-message-0 

EV = 8.0 SP4
Exchange = 2007 SP2
Server = Win 2K8 Std SP2

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault
07/05/2010  05:15 PM            91,648 EnableMailboxMessage.msg

To set up the Welcome message
1.            Decide which language version of EnableMailboxMessage.msg you want to use and locate the file.
2.            Using a computer that has Microsoft Outlook installed, double-click the file EnableMailboxMessage.msg in Windows Explorer to edit the message.
3.            Review the text and make any changes that you require. If necessary, include instructions to users about how to install the Enterprise Vault Add-Ins on their computers.
4.            Save the message.
5.            Copy EnableMailboxMessage.msg to the Enterprise Vault program folder (normally C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault) on every Enterprise Vault server in the site.

Thanks for all your help.
Cheers,
-S
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello -S,

Login to the vaultserver affected using the vsa.
create a profile to the vault-system mailbox on the exchangeserver the user resides.
open outlook and connect to the system mailbox.
Do you see any items not sent?
Can you sent an email from this mailbox to the specified user?

Also check this kb http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/284873.htm

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

GertjanA

Hello -S,

Login to the vaultserver affected using the vsa.
create a profile to the vault-system mailbox on the exchangeserver the user resides.
open outlook and connect to the system mailbox.

Also check this kb http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/284873.htm

Regards. Gertjan

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

the message file simply needs to be copied into the Enterprise Vault installation directory on all of the Enterprise Vault servers as per the instructions you have posted from the previous question. The only things that immediately spring to mind are

1. Does the file have a .msg.msg extension (hide extensions for known file types in Windows Explorer)?

2. Check the InstallPath registry key in "HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install" as that's where it checks for the file

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Please try enabling a user and DTRACE AgentClientBroker at the time you do it.  We're looking for :

301    05:47:46.744     [3244]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1288>    EV:M    EPC::GP - Returning Policy : [Marketing Group Policy][1F3EDE86840E40D4FB6C0AA6397AA1B1B1012700evsite]
302    05:47:46.744     [3244]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1288>    EV:M    CArchivingAgentQueue::EnableMailbox - Applying Policy [Marketing Group Policy]
303    05:47:46.744     [3244]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1288>    EV:M    CArchivingAgentQueue::EnableMailbox - enable message filename [C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EnableMailboxMessage.msg]
304    05:47:46.744     [3244]    (AgentClientBroker)    <1288>    EV:M    CExchangeAdvancedPolicy::~CExchangeAdvancedPolicy

...  you see it traces out the filename it will use.
Working for cloudficient.com

Scott_Riser
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Is there a limit on message size from an EV standpoint? I noticed that alogic's is 90 MB and mine is 4.5 MB

Scott_Riser
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I'm having the same problem, have confirmed that the message is where it's supposed to be (C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault) and when I open the system mailbox on the respective Exchange server, I find the message just sitting in the Inbox unsent. This isn't complex but I can't figure out why its not working (I also confirmed Send As/Recieve-As).
I am also on 8.0 SP4

alogic
Level 4
Hi GertjanA,

I already have a vault-system mailbox on the exchangeserver created during the Install/config phase. I created an outlook profile and connected to the system mailbox but I didnt see any emails in the sent folder or the outbox folder.

Oddly, I checked the Exchange Message tracking logs of when the user was enabled and nothing was sent by the Vault-system account.

Yes I can send emails from this vault-system account.

I'll take a look @ KB28473 article now.

@Scott Riser: It's not 90M, its 90K

Cheers.

alogic
Level 4
Hi Nick,

1. Does the file have a .msg.msg extension (hide extensions for known file types in Windows Explorer)?
I dont think that's the problem, I just copied an pasted the original file into the new location C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault

2. Check the InstallPath registry key in "HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install" as that's where it checks for the file
In x64 platforms, all x32 apps are created into a separate hive called wow6432node (might be different for 2003x64 not sure).
The location on my server is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\wow6432node\kvs\Enterprise Vault\Install
    UnicodePSTCompatibleMAPI    REG_DWORD    0x1
    Version    REG_SZ    8.0.4.1991
    FullVersion    REG_SZ    8.0.4.1991
    InstallPath    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
OK so....
if you log on to your EV Server as the EV Admin Account and open the System Mailbox, can you send a message to a specific user?
Also are the items unsent in the mailbox? are you able to open them and make sure they're addressed properly?

Are you sure the exchange admins haven't limited the system mailbox in any way (such as prohibit send to 10k or something like that?)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

alogic
Level 4
I should've checked this first this morning before posting...
I enabled another account last night and I jumped into the account and it looks like it went through.
I checked the logs and the Event ID 2297 is no longer appearing.

Thanks everyone for your help.
-S

GertjanA
Hello -S

Good to hear. Could you close this thread, and mark a post as a solution?

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan