cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can we do in Enterprise Vault to DELIGHT you?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

The Enterprise Vault team is always looking to improve our products based upon customer feedback.  Some changes you want would be new features, some times it's just improvments in an existing feature etc.

So I have a question for you.  What changes should we make which would not just please you but actually delight you about Enterprise Vault (apart from an ability to print money :-)?. The kind of feature that excites you, puts a smile on your face and you say I can't wait to use that, it's going to help us so much...  One example for me is Virtual Vault in V8 sp3.

We have the ideas system on Symantec Connect but a lot of them seem focused on improvements to existing features (which isn't a bad thing!) and I'm just wondering what else there is out there...  At the moment if I looked at that list, there are probably 4 suggestions that have 10 or more votes.  I'm sure it would take more than those 4 product changes to make every customer delighted to use our product!

So some examples I can think of based upon discussions/issues on this forum

Improved monitoring/reporting.
Perhaps videos on how's to etc,
Perhaps best practise document
Easier OWA setup

Very interested to hear your feedback!

Cheers,
Mike Bilsborough
Director, Enterprise Vault Engineering

97 REPLIES 97

Maverik
Level 6
Improved PST Import functionality, specifically with Client driven Migrations.  A bit like Vcare do with the PST Flightdeck.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
No The Don.
Leave it this way...   better for us :) :) :)

Conversion to PDF/A in addition to HTML would be great...

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Add the ability to do NOT searches in Discovery Accelerator

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Add a real time monotoring system that provides real time monotoring of the EV environment Like the EV Dashboard system that was created by JPKnight

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Make Service packs updates and no more full binary installs

Add an update option into the GUI where the app goes out and downloads the updates to the local machine for your specific version and then you can choose which to install. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
In the monitoring page, allow ' rightclick'  on tasks and restart them

Live-Update for EV. preferably with the possibility to point to an internal liveupdate server

Monitoring page like JPKnight

Buy VCare ;-))

Regards. Gertjan

vova
Level 4
Applying only SP without the full install and EVPM GUI would be greate.In Client PST Migration ability to strict to specific location where pst resides not just "Documents and Settings".

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
EVPM UI sucks, most admins that use it want to scrip it and with a UI you cant, just my two cents....

philquinney
Level 3
Hello,

I'd like to ask for two small-ish things.

1) Better documentation for and control over Vault Cache in Domino Environments

Vault Cache is an incredibly useful feature, but all I get is the ability to turn it on or off. I'd like to be able to configure when vault cache is used - eg if working on a local replica or the client's IP address is in a specific range it should retrieve everything from cache. At the moment it seems that when the user's mail file is opened for the first time it checks for connectivity to the EVDG. If the client can connect, it works from the server directly. If not it uses vault cache.

This would be very useful for people who are working remotely, or are in an office where we have a Domino server (so they're working on a server copy) but there is no local EV server and a slow link between that office and the EV server.

2) NSF Imports

At the moment, if I import an NSF file it will create a folder in the user's mail file called "NSF Import" or something similar. EV then creates all of the stubs in this folder which can be used for archived email.

If we are importing a user's legacy Notes archive this archive will have a folder structure which matches the user's main mailbox, meaning that when EV migrates the folder hierarchy from the legacy archive we end up this structure in the subfolder which EV creates in the mail file.

Please could we allow EV to import the stubs back into the folders from which the messages were originally archived from?

Thanks for taking the time to ask for suggestions. I hope these make sense.

Phil.

Sortid
Level 6
What about a GUI based version for evpm, allowing zapping or permission changes to archives.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Thanks for everyone's input on this.  I certainly think there are  some interesting ideas here. 

Going forward please post your suggestiions using in the IDEAS tab.so we can all score them.

Remember it's about ideas that would DELIGHT YOU!

Cheers,
Mike

scumnvillainy
Level 3
Sometimes for various reasons we are required to export emails from a vault into a PST in order to give it to either an external party, or a departed user. It would be nice if we could increase the limit EV imposes on PST files for these types of exports. I realize Microsoft has a best practice reccomendation for PSTs to be under a certain size, but EV seems to be even less than the Microsoft reccomendation. I think the EV limit is 1.4GB? I realize this is most likely set in order to save us from ourselves by not allowing the exported PST file sizes to increase beyond a reasonable size and risk corruption, but it would be great if we could somehow make the decision on our own to risk it and create say 4GB PST files or something. Maybe there is a registry tweak available for this, but it sure would be nice to include it in the PST export GUI as well.

Also, would like to see more concise documentation regarding best practices for vault stores housed on Centera overall, and specifically the device level sharing option and what that gets us vs. EV SIS on NTFS housed Vault stores.

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Ability to update the Outlook add-in on a PC that has the VAC installed without un-installing the console

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
To work without Outlook being in cached mode

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Stioll ahve client support for Windows 2000 workstations

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
@ Parick

1) clarify what you mean with " To work without Outlook being in cached mode" the client does work with cached mode? so what do you mean???
2) "Still have client support for Windows 2000 workstations" I don't think that would "DELIGHT" anyone but yourself..  Windows 2000 is not supported my M$ anymore so why should Symantec have to support a client that is not supported by the manufacture?

--wayne

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
The ability to import .EDB files (Exchange Databases).

DGreer
Level 3
SharePoint use is growing incredibly and it is being used instead of file systems in many cases.  Currently you can only set policies down to the Site level.  It would be great if policies could be set down to the List (llibrary) level.

irisst
Level 2
I would be oh so delighted if there was an option to rebuild deleted shortcuts. We clear out shortcuts and zap leaving users but sometimes they come back!
When they do, I would want to give them back their shortcuts instead of having to export all the original items back to their new inboxes only to be re-vaulted 6 months later. NB we have no size limits on our email mailboxes so we´re working with terabytes here.