cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What defines an item "ready to archive"?

Biohazzard
Level 4

We recently installed EV7.5 sp4 and after enabling one of our test users, a few days later she told me many items were not archiving. I ran the archive task in report mode against her mailbox and there were over 7000 archivable items but the nubmer of items "ready to archive" was like 10...  We have one archive policy and it's set to everything older than 5 days, so that should be most of her mailbox.

I messed around for a couple hours and couldnt make anything change so I disabled/enabled her mailbox. After 30 min or so I ran another report and there were 120 items ready to archive. I ran the report every few minutes to look at any changes and the number of items was increasing.

Start time    End time       No of archivable items No of items ready to archive
3:52:00 PM  3:52:01 PM   6667                             120
3:53:33 PM  3:53:35 PM   6668                             350
3:55:10 PM  3:55:11 PM   6667                             768
4:07:26 PM  4:07:27 PM   6667                             1408
4:09:34 PM  4:09:36 PM   6667                             1706
4:32:48 PM  4:32:50 PM   6669                             3170

I suspect it will archive most of her mailbox tonight.

Why does this number increase each time I run the archive report? The report takes like 3 seconds to run. What is happening in the background to flag these items?

Do you think the disable/reenable of her mailbox is waht fixed this? is this best practice or should i be looking at something else?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

beta_dodo
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

There is ready to archive and would be archived, are they the same?

Ready means it's the right message class, has been read and is old enough

What you are seeing is very strange.  The only thing i can think of is if you are not archiving unread items and that the user is reading these old ones very rapidly but I don't quite believe that.

Biohazzard
Level 4

The 'would be' column matched the 'ready to archive' column until it reached the 1000 message mark. I suspect that's because of the 1000 message per pass limit that's set.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

This are the email which are affected to the related archiving policy and during a next archiving run these would be archivied. This means only how much data will be met the criteria, but when you archiving windows is to small or you have a maxnr. per pass set to 1000, not all will be archived in one run...

www.longerich.com