Did you mean: 

When will EV fail if Centera Replication is down

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
EV2007 SP5
Centera in Governance
Exchange 2007 Transport Journaling

Client has 2 Gen4LP Centeras (separate data centers), each with 4 active NIC's (2 for Primary and 2 for Replication). 

The  replication circuit is down due to fibre cut so  it may be a while.
//

EV is still writing fine to the Primary Centera, but is there some point where EV will sense a queue backup on the Centera and stop writing to the Centera?  Vault store is set to (Immediate for Journaling).  I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if we do a Pre-Backup service restart and have the storage service not come back up or something.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you only doing journaling and no mailbox archiving?

If just journaling then EV will just keep journaling as always.  If you are mailbox archiving then you will having pending items until replication can occur.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Are you only doing journaling and no mailbox archiving?

If just journaling then EV will just keep journaling as always.  If you are mailbox archiving then you will having pending items until replication can occur.

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Thanks Tony,

Do you happen to know how long the Centera will queue up (time or item count)?  As I recall it will keep queuing as long as there is disk to store it...I have an SR open with EMC but thought that you might know.

TonySterling
I believe you are correct as well but not 100%.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I agree with you & Tony, I think it will queue indefinitely until there is no more diskspace.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.