cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Data Stored in Enterprise Vault ?

galangtegar
Level 4

Hi guys im not technical person and just help my friend just simple question

we have sql server also EV server, and then we want to archive email (Exchange), when we archive that email let say inbox or sent item or everything in mailbox user, Where is data (archive email) stored ? in SQL server Or EV Server ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Most definitely on the EV server. In short:

EV requires a Vault Store Group, in there a Vault Store. VS has a Vault Store Partition, which is the location where the archived data is stored. Look for the performance guide, that has some calculations for both sql and storage.

Please be advised I strongly recommend to work with an experienced partner to design and install EV. It is not an application you can configure without knowledge on what the effect of choices is going to be.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA

Hello,

Without getting to technical.

The metadata of the archived items is stored in SQL.

The actual archived item is stored on a Vault Store partition, usually local to an EV server (san/nas/centera/netapp, whatever you want)

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks for your explanation

so if we want to attach the storage which one the bigger size of the LUN
EV server or SQL server ?

GertjanA

Most definitely on the EV server. In short:

EV requires a Vault Store Group, in there a Vault Store. VS has a Vault Store Partition, which is the location where the archived data is stored. Look for the performance guide, that has some calculations for both sql and storage.

Please be advised I strongly recommend to work with an experienced partner to design and install EV. It is not an application you can configure without knowledge on what the effect of choices is going to be.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I agree with Gertjan.

More data also means that every other path will grow too.

Like IndexLocations (Indexing>>EvServer>>indexlocation path)

Vault Store Partitions (do not make them to large) you can also create a new one instead of increaseing the old parition.

Also the sql database will increase, depending on the expected data...