cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to set archive symbol for archived mails in OWA 2013?

lnino1982
Level 4

Hey guys,

we have an Exchange 2013 and EV 11.0.1 running and everything is working fine on OWA 2013 and Outlook 2010.

But on OWA 2013 I am missing the nice archive symbol which I can see on Outlook when I have installed the Addin.

I have activated via PowerShell one User for the Enterprise Web App.

Do I have to add here a command to see a nice archive symbol, like in Outlook?

Or does it work as designed?

greetings Nino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is working as designed. EV's integration with OWA 2013 using the Office Mail App approach does not modify the icons on the shortcut items (the way that it did in the legacy OWA versions' CAS Extensions approach).

See page 22 of the EV_Guide_for_Outlook_full.pdf, available here, which explains the appearance of the EV Office Mail App to users. Archived messages can be identified by expanding the blue Enterprise Vault mail app banner.

--Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is working as designed. EV's integration with OWA 2013 using the Office Mail App approach does not modify the icons on the shortcut items (the way that it did in the legacy OWA versions' CAS Extensions approach).

See page 22 of the EV_Guide_for_Outlook_full.pdf, available here, which explains the appearance of the EV Office Mail App to users. Archived messages can be identified by expanding the blue Enterprise Vault mail app banner.

--Chris

Thanks for your explanation.

Now everything is clear regarding this topic and it works as expected.

I have two small additional questions:

1. Opening an archived item in Outlook 2010 is fast. In OWA 2013 it takes several seconds to be opened? Normal Behaviour?
  2. When I assign the Web App to a new mailbox and the user connects to OWA 2013... The user clicks the first time on the EV Web App.... then a box with username and password pops up. When I enter username and password and click on save it works without a problem. Is there a way of single sign on? It would be nice if it takes the credentials of OWA 2013, because they are the same.

Thanks for your help.

greetings Nino

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Nino,

Here you go:

1. The process is different as compared with Exchange 2010 EV OWA integration. Anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds is normal/average, but this really depends from site to site.
  2. Make sure the EV Alias specified in the mail app script is added to the Local Intranet/Trusted sites. The pop-up is expected in two situations:
  • if the user is logged on the machine with another user than the one connecting to OWA. 
  • if the user connects from outside the LAN. Note there should be only one authentication prompt per session.
--Virgil

Thanks for your reply and your assistance.

Now everything is clear.

greetings Nino