cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which user is accessing Enterprise Vault

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hi Experts,

Need your kind help in understanding, how many users are accessing/trying to access their Enterprise Vault mailbox and Public Folder Data via outlook.?Is there a report that gets generated for it?

Regards,

Chris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Chris,

There is no predefined EV report that captures users' access. You could use auditing, but as far as I know, EV doesn't audit that.

Since the operation is performed at the mailbox level via Outlook/OWA, maybe you could have a look at Exchange's audit logs?

--Virgil

View solution in original post

Prone2Typos
FWIW I think that the client uses specific endpoint calls to IIS and would have integrated authentication enabled. You could use log parsing to get this info outside of EV and it would not be too crazy of a means. Several log analyitic stuff out there right now should make quick work of this

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos

Hi Chris,

There is no predefined EV report that captures users' access. You could use auditing, but as far as I know, EV doesn't audit that.

Since the operation is performed at the mailbox level via Outlook/OWA, maybe you could have a look at Exchange's audit logs?

--Virgil

Thank you Virgil for your kind help1

Prone2Typos
FWIW I think that the client uses specific endpoint calls to IIS and would have integrated authentication enabled. You could use log parsing to get this info outside of EV and it would not be too crazy of a means. Several log analyitic stuff out there right now should make quick work of this