cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have shortcuts in my mailbox?

BravoZulu
Level 5
Hi All,

This may be a simple solution, or it could be an issue I need to raise with Symantec...

EV 8 SP4 (Centera storage) with the new Hotfix client installed.  I only have one mailbox and desktop policy assigned to one provisioning group.

I have set the Mailbox policy to not create shorctuts (i.e. I have unchecked the "Create shortcut to archived item after archiving" under the Archiving Rules tab).  The "Delete original item after archiving" and "Archive unread items" are checked.  

During a manual or scheduled archived run the shortcuts appear in the mailbox.  In the lab environment, I would not expect shortcuts to be created, yet full archived item shortcuts are being created in mailboxes in a pre production pilot.   

I notice on the Shortcut Content tab the "Include recipient information" box is checked.   I don't think this should affect anything, but can't explain why shortcuts appear?

Does anyone know of an issue or something i'm missing?

Thanks,
BZ
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You're encountering a "bug" that one of our former Support engineers first spotted.  If you tick the box for Archive Explorer, and synch the mailbox, your policy of not creating shortcuts should then work.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What do you have in your policy with regards to Archive Explorer (on the desktop policy) ?

BravoZulu
Level 5
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

Under the Options tab, Archive Explorer is not enabled. 

Under the Advanced tab, the Archive Explorer settings are as per default (apart from the OWA ones which are switched off)

Thanks,
BZ

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You're encountering a "bug" that one of our former Support engineers first spotted.  If you tick the box for Archive Explorer, and synch the mailbox, your policy of not creating shortcuts should then work.

BravoZulu
Level 5

Thank you Rob, this issue has been driving me insane all morning...

It never affected me in the lab environment, which is why I was surprised.  I don't suppose you know when a FIX may be coming? 

In the meantime I have logged a support call just to flag this up.

Thanks,
BZ

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
They should reference Etrack 1937121.   It is under the EV 10 umbrella at the moment.

BravoZulu
Level 5
Thanks Rob, I'll mention the E-Track to Support. 

It's daft that we have to wait until version 10 for a fix, I didn't want to give AE to my users :(

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You could hide the button still....