cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I see Exchange mailbox archives accounter?

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi there

I am a beginner to learn EV so question is a simple to you but it will realy help me. :)

I installed EV environments in the test lab

• EV: evandSQL(EV11.0.1 Ver., MS SQL 2014 SP1)
  • Exchange: evadexchange(Exchange 2013)
  • AD domain : lab.local

I set configuration of EV but I couldnt see Exchange mailbox archives accounts)

2015-09-09 09 35 15.png

2015-09-09 09 35 38.png

2015-09-09 09 35 58.png

2015-09-09 09 36 10.png

2015-09-09 09 37 51.png

2015-09-09 09 36 23.png

As you can see above I cant see exchange mailbox account in part of Archives navigator.

I am not sure that EV configuration is right. If you want more setting pictures I will upload it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

The ranking of the provisioning group needs to be changed. It is like a firewall: first group applies.

In your case, the Express group = 1, the 1day = 2

Rightclick provisioning, properties. Select 2, and then move up.

Run provisioning again. When finished, you should see in the report it is the other way around.

rightclick the archiving task, properties, synchronize. Sync all mailboxes.

when synced, (wait for a few minutes), rightclick task again, now select 'run now'.

all mailboxes.

If one of the 2 mailboxes have items older than 1 day, they should get archived.

Where are you based? Maybe there is a company that does give training in your country? Or maybe I can come over :)

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

If you get Properties on your Provisioning Groups and click on the Archiving Defaults tab do you have it checked to Automatically enable mailboxes?

Are any mailboxes enabled? If you right-click on Exchange node under Targets and choose Display Policies Assigned to Mailboxes can you find any mailboxes. Leave the name field blank and check the Exchange server and hit Find. It will show what users are Provisioned for.

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Also, sometimes the MMC doesn't refresh. So if users are enabled right-click in the white space and refresh.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi dcVAST

Thank you for your answers

Yes, I checked to Automatically enable mailboxes.

2015-09-09 11 44 36.png

Any mailboxes are also enabled.

I couldnt find Display Policies Assigned menu under Targets.

2015-09-09 11 50 16.png

2015-09-09 11 51 49.png

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I also did it, but I still couldnt see  it. Sorry not to give you an answer what you need

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited
You will want to right-click on the "Exchange" node itself. Not the Exchange server.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I understood but my exchange in the test lab was installed standalone.

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited
NewEVLabSite > Targets > Exchange (right-click here and choose Display Policies...)

GertjanA

Yes and:

In the Enterprise Vault program Files folder, under \reports\ look for 'provisioning'. Verify the provisioning report actually shows mailboxes.

Verify then in the EV Console (VAC = Vault Administration Console) on the button 'enable users'  you cannot enable users (in other words, all users on your exchange server are enabled).

Verify on the archiving task for that exchange-server (rightclick, properties), tab reports, that the archiving report shows it archived items.

If it did, you should see archives.

As remark, your 1 day policy has administrator and ev (is that the systemmailbox, or the vault service account?) They might not be getting mail at all, and therefor will not archive. For testing, you might want to add some user-accounts that have a mailbox on that exchange server, send some mails back and forth (with attachments, without, large, small etc), and wait another day for archiving.

As a sidenote, if your company has budget, get on a training for EV. It is somewhat expensive, but definitely worth your time and effort. I always state that EV is not an 'out of the box' product. If you have training, you have a great base to get it working, and not be frustrated becuase something does not work.

Just saying....

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Sorry that my answer is late.

2015-09-09 17 32 59.png​Is it right?

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you GertjanA

I could see 2 files and it was written the same data​2015-09-09 17 40 15.png

Is 1day log correct?

All users on my exchange server are enabled.

2015-09-09 17 54 00.png

yes, administrator is a system admin. EV is vault service account. Ok, I will create another accounts and try to archive. In our country, It is rarely training for EV. Thank you for your good advance

GertjanA

Hi,

The ranking of the provisioning group needs to be changed. It is like a firewall: first group applies.

In your case, the Express group = 1, the 1day = 2

Rightclick provisioning, properties. Select 2, and then move up.

Run provisioning again. When finished, you should see in the report it is the other way around.

rightclick the archiving task, properties, synchronize. Sync all mailboxes.

when synced, (wait for a few minutes), rightclick task again, now select 'run now'.

all mailboxes.

If one of the 2 mailboxes have items older than 1 day, they should get archived.

Where are you based? Maybe there is a company that does give training in your country? Or maybe I can come over :)

Regards. Gertjan

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

After the Provisioning Rank is changed if you need to make changes to your Polices you will need to Synchronize, say if you want to use a 0 day to test right away. Also make sure none of your test users are disabled in AD or hidden in the GAL or you will need to perform a couple more steps to target them.

GertjanA

Hello Jake,

If you are stisfied with one of the answers, can you mark that as solution?

That way, others know they can check this entry for a solution, and that the question is answered, so no need to open the entry..

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi GertjanA

Sorry to be late answer because of busy job.

Finally I could see archive account and archive mail in outlook. I really appreciate you and all.

From now on I'll try to learn more about EV.