cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EV 2007 client work with EV 9 Server?

Todd_Anderson
Level 4

We are going to be upgrading our Exchange 2003 server to Exchange 2010sp1. I know we will need to upgrade EV server to version 9 but I have a question about the clients. Unfortunatly we still have some windows 2000 computers running EV 2007 client, will this client work with the EV 9 server or will I need to upgrade all the windows 2000 computers before the Exchange upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the EV 2007 client is not supported with EV 9 and from my experience your results will be very inconsistent. you don't necessarily need to upgrade all the computers which could set you back quite a bit. what you can do is offer them alternatives such as OWA, archive explorer, ev search page, etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the EV 2007 client is not supported with EV 9 and from my experience your results will be very inconsistent. you don't necessarily need to upgrade all the computers which could set you back quite a bit. what you can do is offer them alternatives such as OWA, archive explorer, ev search page, etc.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with what AndrewB says.

I would add that personally, it is likely to work, however, you'd be in the land of uncertified/unsupported.  Which is not a happy place to be, if you encounter issues.

Working for cloudficient.com

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

To add to that discussion... Windows 2000 is out of extended support since 7/13/2010, no security updates will be published for it. So kill those boxes as fast as you can!

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Todd_Anderson
Level 4

MichelZ,

I completly agree with you and I have been trying for quite some time, but others don't see it the same way you and I do.... This project maybe what we need to get rid of these old machines, Thanks everyone for your help.